Product Name: The Honest Kitchen (Dehydrated) Dog Food
Flavor: Keen – Turkey and Whole Grain
Size: 4 lbs (16 lbs after adding water!)
Perfect for: Adults and Seniors
Best Place to Buy: Amazon
Overall Rank on Amazon: 4.3/5
If you can’t understand the main ingredients, why would you feed it to your dog?
We began asking ourselves this question and realized all those long, hard to pronounce ingredients packed into most dog foods on the market aren’t just bad for humans, but also for our four legged friends. That’s why The Honest Kitchen came up with the perfect solution that’s healthy, high-quality and humane: dehydrated dog food packed with goodness.
Features at a Glance:
- Whole Grains & Cage Free Turkey. Pets are like family; treat them to the good stuff too.
- From Farm to Bowl. This food is 100% human grade and has been minimally processed to preserve its nutritional value.
- Nutritional Boosting Topping. If you’re not ready to make the switch yet, try it out as a topping on your dog’s current food.
- Smooth Consistency Great for Senior Dogs. If your dog’s reaching its golden years, make it easier on him or her by trying out Keen – it has an easy to eat, oatmeal-like consistency.
- Super easy to prepare. Just check out the simple instructions below.
This is what the dehydrated form looks like.
Add warm water. Wait a few minutes. Voila! Food is hydrated.
When hydrated, it doesn’t look the most appealing (to us humans, at least). Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
One of the great things about The Honest Kitchen (dehydrated) dog food is its versatility. You can give it as a complete meal (follow feeding instructions on back of box). But, I like to give it as a food topper (meal enhancer) to my dogs. If you have picky eaters like my two – this is perfect! They get excited when it’s meal time (the smell & flavor); they eat every last kibble and lick the bowl clean. No joke.
So if you use it as a topper, you don’t have to change your dogs current food (if you don’t want to); just add a small amount on top…
Give it a stir and it’s ready to serve!
Feel free to make the meal thinner or thicker by adding more or less water.
Just look at them waiting, patiently, for their meal.
- Made with human food grade ingredients
- Turkey (dehydrated) is the #1 ingredient
- No preservatives, no by-products, no fillers, no wheat, corn, soy, no GMO ingredients
- Made in the USA from a family-owned company
- Helps satisfy picky eaters
- Easy to eat for seniors
- Once the meal is hydrated, it doesn’t look all that appealing. (However, I don’t think that matters to the dogs!)
If you’re looking for a great way to feed your dog real, wholesome ingredients without breaking the bank, make the switch to The Honest Kitchen (dehydrated) dog food. Get yours now for a simplified, nutritious and space-saving way to feed your dog of any size or breed.
Where to Buy
Ready to give it a try? Amazon currently has the best offer for the 4 lb. box (makes 16 lbs) at $32.82. It is also eligible for Prime shipping. If you get it directly from The Honest Kitchen’s website, the price would be $33.49 + shipping. Definitely not a huge difference but still Amazon has the cheaper price.
Also available at Amazon is the smaller size: 2 lb box (makes 8 lbs) for $17.14 and the larger size: 10 lb box (makes 40 lbs) for $64.67.
If the turkey recipe (Keen) doesn’t tickle your fancy, The Honest Kitchen has lots of other flavors including grain free options. Some of those include:
- Free Range Chicken
- Cage Free Duck
- Range Raised Beef
- Fish & Coconut Grain Free
- Grain Free Chicken Recipe
Still not sure about it? Check out other customer reviews here.
I would love to know your experience with this dog food or if you have any questions, please leave it in the comments section below. Thanks!
- How to Care for a Dog – 13 Dog Care Basics Every Pet Parent Should Know